Mittwoch, 5. Februar 2020

Aluminium Center Foot

yesterday i found some spare time to build my first ever aluminium center foot!

i got the ali sheets laser cut from on of my customers, a metal shop, that is having a lasercutter as well as a waterjetcutter.


unfortunately there seemed to be an error while they lasercut the parts; two sheets were cut, but one inner section wasn´t cut out as you can see on the pic above.

nothing special for me, so i decided to build this foot for my own full ali r2 droid!

here is a pic of it:


it took me double the time of building this beauty in mild steel due to the time consuming welding process and the warpening of the sheets, that had to be straightenend more than once!!), but in the end almost everything went fine.
i only had to put some special aluminium putty on not so perfect spots on the body like the channel area and one side of the foot.

i will sand it as the next step and add some primer to the surface. one more step in the building process of my full ali r2!! 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen